Can you believe that the first published website is already 20 years old? Web design has come a long way since the first website was published by Tim Berners-Lee in 1991. This infographic is a peek at the evolutionary tale of web design, which is ironically still in its infant stages. Enjoy the infographic below and let your imagination wander. You might find yourself asking, “Where will web design be in the next 20 years?”
Facts and Stats:
- The very first website was published in 1991 by Tim Berners-Lee.
- Flash was introduced by Macromedia in 1996.
- Dynamic design language PHP gained popularity with its PHP3 release in 1998.
- In the year 2000, Microsoft Internet Explorer 5 became the first web browser to achieve better than 99% support for CSS1.
- In 2008, mobile access to the internet exceeded desktop access for the first time in history.
- Today, two thirds of cell phone users say they access the web/email from their device.